The outside storage of large operational and resilience salt piles is a common feature for salt mines, salt suppliers, local authorities and other winter maintenance professionals.
HBB GeoSales Ltd has years of experience in the supply, installation and aftercare of our Reusable Salt Pile Cover system.
Why protect and cover your salt pile?
- Prevent up to 12.5% loss per annum of your salt pile through rain water erosion
- Achieve target spread rates through maintaining the quality of the salt
- Protect short, medium and long-term strategic salt piles
- Prevent contaminated surface water run-off, meeting your required Environmental obligations
Why choose HBB and our use our cover system?
- Free of charge consultancy advice on pile profiling / shape to ensure most efficient cover deployment and retrieval
- Custom made solutions to cater for every shape and size of salt pile, including piles held within concrete pads. Covers supplied in client specific sized pre-welded panels tailored to fit the shape and size of your salt pile
- Reusable cover system offering a 5-year minimum UV lifespan, ensuring multiple seasonal use
- Our innovative and reusable Net Down anchor system prevents the need for hundreds of sandbags to be used across the body of the pile. Aside from sandbags proving ineffective against wind damage, the filling and placement of sandbags is laborious and presents obvious Health & Safety concerns for installation personnel, particularly when working on steep slopes / piles
- Our system is quick and easy to deploy, remove and store
- HBB GeoSales Ltd offer a full installation and re-lifting service nationwide. We also provide training for client's own personnel in the art of cover deployment and retrieval which is particularly useful for our overseas partners and clients
- We have covered well over 1 million tonnes of salt
- All HBB installation staff are experienced in our cover operation, CSCS card holders and HBB GeoSales Ltd is SafeContractor approved