The deployment of Floating Covers over storage and containment lagoons is now widely seen as a commercial, operational and environmental benefit and is indeed an environmental requirement for some industries such as the storage of slurry in lagoons within Agriculture (all slurry lagoons must be covered by 2020)
Why use a Floating Cover?
- Prevent the mix of rain and snowmelt water with the content of your lagoon or basin below maximizing storage capacity and preventing dilution
- Provide a gas /odour barrier to reduce odour impact for your local community and neighbors
- Provide a barrier against foreign objects such as windblown debris and bird droppings preventing contamination of the lagoon or basin content
- Capture and harness gas increasing gas to power turnover and revenue
- Prevent evaporation and algae growth
Why choose HBB to supply your Floating Cover?
- A range of geomembrane covers available ranging in thickness, strength and UV performance, with 20 year limited warranties available
- All our geoemembrane covers are available in large site specific sized pre-welded panels which limits and on some occasions prevents the need for any onsite jointing. Panels produced by our fully automated pre-welded panel and accordion folding process, available up to 40m wide x 150m long, or larger if required. Panels accordion folded and delivered to site on pallets. Each panel supplied with 2 no. lifting straps for mechanical placement prior to labour placement
- Covers can be fitted with associated floats and gas vents
- Permeable Covers available for applications which do not require a waterproofing barrier including a modular system and a lightweight digestate covering that floats on the surface of the lagoon content and reduces emissions
Please contact us to discuss your floating cover requirements in further detail.