Japanese Knotweed & Root Barriers
Japanese Knotweed & Root barriers make up an important part of the Remediation and Construction industries battle against invasive weeds.
An amendment to the Anti-social Behavior, Crime and Policing Act 2014 includes Japanese knotweed and other invasive non-native plants. The Home Office guidance note is available to download Here.
Applications for our Japanese Knotweed & Root Barriers:
- Vertical installations around the perimeter of development sites to prevent lateral ingress of roots
- Horizontal Installation over development sites to protect roads, paved surfaces, floored areas and buildings
- Insitu burial cell lining and capping within the development site. A burial cell is excavated allowing for a 2m burial depth. The cell is then lined with a puncture resistant geotextile (or sand), then our Barrier membrane is placed upon the geotextile / protective layer allowing for excess material around the perimeter to facilitate the eventual capping of the cell. The soils contaminated with Japanese Knotweed are then placed within the lined burial cell and then capped off and sealed to ensure the contaminated soils are fully entombed and encapsulated. A final layer of geotextile or sand is the placed over the capped burial cell before the area is then buried deep enough to prevent any potential damage to the cell. This option is a much cheaper option than transporting to landfill!
Why choose HBB to supply your Japanese Knotweed or Root Barrier membranes?
- Wide range of reinforced and unreinforced Japanese Knotweed barriers ranging from 0.4mm to 1.14mm, available in HDPE, LLDPE and Polypropylene. All our barrier membranes are Hydrocarbon and Chemical resistant.
- High puncture, tensile and tear strengths but all providing excellent flexibility and conformity properties which is very important within this application
- Indefinite service life once buried
- All our barrier membranes are supplied in client specific sized pre-welded panels, panels available up to 40m wide x 150m long, larger if required. This significantly reduces the amount of onsite jointing required and on some occasions removes the need for any onsite jointing allowing contractors to place the barrier with their own labour
- All our pre-welded panels are produced by a fully automated welding and accordion folded process so welding temperature and speed are computer controlled providing the best quality welding available
- We have automated pre-welded panel capacity in the UK, mainland Europe and the USA so we can offer quick delivery turnaround across the world
- Standard lead times for the delivery of client specific sized pre-welded panels is 10-14 working days however we can cater for your exact delivery requirements
- Some ‘off the shelf’ pre-welded panel sizes are held in stock for immediate despatch
- All our barrier membranes are available in standard roll form, available ex works our UK warehouse
- Along with our barrier membranes we can supply you with our puncture resistant geotextile and HBB Probond Double Sided Jointing Tape
- All our barrier membranes conform to the Environment Agency’s ‘The Knotweed Code of Practice’ document..
Please contact us to discuss your specific Japanese Knotweed & Root barrier requirements.